Life Happening All Around Us! Life Happening Right NOW!

And voila, I'm in Canada for the foreseeable future. SURPRISE.

I got back a couple weeks ago and spent some time in Toronto visiting old friends and volounteering at the salvation army - there is a video of me singing a new song called 'Galapagos' on my FACEBOOK page if you would like to see what this looks like.

After the end of the world didn't happen, I headed up to Ottawa to eat turkey with my family. My sister and I dropped in on Chief Theresa Spence who is holding a hunger strike until Stephen Harper and the governor general agree to sit down and talk about treaty issues with her. We met two brothers who were there with their drums and a really nice guy from the Walpole reserve who brought his harmonicas, so things stayed pretty a-political and I had a nice time in the sun on Christmas day jammin' with these dudes. The next day I found my picture in the paper!:


Other news... I finally got to listen to the recordings I made last month. The mixing and mastering is not yet complete, but oh what the heck, you can preview them here, too, I'll update them when I get the final mix.
This song is recorded by Stefano Capone with Paolo Melindi on Double Bass and Erik Schoepen playing the lap steel in his signature twin peaks D9 crazy tuning:



And then I made this song when nobody was looking... So maybe it'll be a surprise for everyone else involved in the production of our EP:




AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!

I have some some concerts to announce in Canada!

Friday, January 11th
The Coach and Horses
Windsor, Ont
9PM - FREE CONCERT
Last time I was in Canada and played at this place with Benito Band it totally blew me away....
So save the date and don't miss it cause my expectations are HIGH.

Wednesday, January 16th
The Horseshoe Tavern
Toronto, Ont.
5 Bands, 5 Bucks - the first one starts around 840 and I play at 1130. 
Come early and I'll buy you a beer :)

More Canadian dates to be announced. See you soon!